Prompts for creating Celebreties images - Comparing Stable Diffusion DALL-E and Leonardo AI

Trying to create a specific character model can be difficult if you try to describe the properties of that model. Often, the prompt window of the image generator is too short, won't allow negative prompts, or the outcome is simply never what you wanted it to be. In this case, I tried to make a cover for a Barry White song (A John Morales Remix of "Let the Music Play"). 

So, I tried to restage the mood and the setting of that song, as I imagined he started his clubbing tour by waking up in a dirty, cheap motel room. The room was plastered with empty bottles, and he had a big headache because "SHE IS GONE". So, he goes out that night and asks the DJ to "Let the music play" so he can forget her.

Using an existing Prompt from my previous articles I altered it to this:

PROMPT: A hyper realistic ultra detailed photograph of a desperate mood Barry White wearing sunglasses, dramatic light, in cheap dirty motel room, elegant white coat and outfit,  wild hair,  desperate sad pose, detailed symmetric  eyes, cheap old motel environment,  exquisite detail, 30-megapixel, 4k, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR, 85mm lens, sharp focus, intricately detailed, long exposure time, f/8, ISO 100, shutter speed 1/125, diffuse back lighting, award winning photograph, facing camera, looking into camera, monovisions, perfect contrast, High sharpness, facial symmetry, depth of field, ultra-detailed photography, raytraced, global illumination, TanvirTamim, smooth, ultra high definition, 8k, unreal engine 5, ultra sharp focus, award-winning photograph,Professional color grading, soft shadows, no contrast, clean sharp focus, film photography 

This is what I got with Stable Diffusion:




Which is not so bad at all! 

Now on to DALLe

After experimenting a bit with some settings, I found these three images to be the best-fitting ones and hurried over to my (paid subscription!) DALL-E. I was not able to use the negative prompt as always, and my prompt was shortened. But what was really astonishing was that DALL-E does not seem to know Barry White, or it took the word "WHITE" as an indication of ethnicity. Quite funny though. Check them out, not bad, but surely not the real thing.


That guy looks quite cool, I would say. But he surely is NOT Barry White the singer/songwriter I was looking for. I am quite sure though that there are a lot of Barry Whites out there who do not only go by the name White but are also white in regard to their ethincity. They were some images of guys that were white, which I will spare you, because the quality of the images was very low and there were many artifacts like broken legs etc.
But the quality of the image above and its settings and lightning is somewhat nice. I think the dude looks really coool. As if he just made a bank robbery in a movie by Quentin Tarantino or so.
 Check out another dude DALLe supplied to me after I pasted a singer/songwriter in front of the name Barry White:



Okay, okay, not too bad, but surely not the real deal as well. He looks like a comedy actor rather than the real Barry White or any type of guy that resembles him.
Conclusion: DALL-E seems to avoid creating images of real existing persons. Maybe due to legal issues, maybe because of the dangers of misuse. Technically, it should be possible without problems.

Let us head on to Leonardo AI!

So I used the same prompt as above. Added my standard negative prompt and hit the "Generate" button: 
WOW:

Awesome quality! Fantastic details - I just love it!


Lesson learned this time: 
Try to use existing people instead of creating new models from scratch. This will save you a lot of time and work.
Be aware, that some platforms may not allow you to use the name of celebrities or other well-documented people. So if you can not succeed on one platform, switch to another one. 

Comments

Popular Posts